Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Living In The Grand Kerr House - Day 3

Since I am currently working from home, we have decided that I should have my own office space to work in.  Bob says that my constant talking to myself while I am working is making him crazy (funny, my office co-workers say the same thing!).  He couldn't move me fast enough!

I have always loved the two bedrooms that were originally the servant's rooms.  Tucked away at the back of the house on the second floor, each room is approximately 10 ft by 17 ft.  Guests will comment on how large these bedrooms are but, then again, we don't know how many servants shared a room back then.  I am thinking that the servants used chamber pots back in the day as their rooms were not near the family's original bathroom (poor things were probably only allowed to clean the throne room but never allowed to sit on the throne itself).  No matter, it's just a short walk down the hall for me so I do not need to use the chamber pot - that could have been a show stopper!

When we have houseguests, these two rooms are used for our spa services.  One room is dedicated to massages and the other is used for esthetics (facials, body wraps, etc.).  Due to the C-19 shutdown, the rooms are not being used and I now have access.

I picked the corner room with two large windows - one overlooking the back yard and the other facing the church next door.  Bob moved a table upstairs for me to work at and a table for our grandson to do his homework at under my watchful eye.  This has been a good move!  I have privacy for the most part (somehow my grandson manages to escape for at least 4 of my 8 hour work day) and Bob is spared from listening to me talking to myself (and sometimes him) non-stop.

The house has excellent WiFi throughout so I have no trouble logging into and staying on my work programs.  An extra bonus are the church chimes next door.  Every day at noon the church plays peaceful, celebratory music from its bell tower - so relaxing and reminding me that it's time for my lunch break.  Yes I like this office space.

I may find it very hard returning to my office and giving this space back to the spa providers.  So, for now, I am counting this decision as a big win!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am just checking out some sites about your B&B. I am trying to come stay soon, possibly this weekend. I am related to the Kerr's who built this house.

    ReplyDelete